Sunday, October 6, 2013

Junior High Language Arts

I have not posted in quite some time due to starting a new job, teaching junior high language arts. During this time, I have had more blog-worthy experiences than I care to remember. I thought I would share a few with you today.

During my second week of teaching at this school, a student opened my door at lunch time (without showing him/her-self) and yelled "F%*# You!" At that moment I knew that I had finally made it.

While filming myself teaching for a college course I am currently taking online, a student held up a piece of paper over the camera screen that had another student's name and a hand-drawn picture of male genitalia. I discovered this as I was previewing the video right before I uploaded it for my professor to see. I may have made some minor edits before sending it along.

I had a student write in his bellwork "My favorite book is..." then there was some blank space, then: "The time I slept with your mom." I just filed that one away for a rainy day (always good to build up a case file).


No comments:

Post a Comment