Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day

I must say that I wish I had been at an elementary school today. As I remember it, Valentines Day in elementary school is a gold-mine! The candy and cards flow freely to all and the teachers are given tons of gigantic candy bars.

Oh well, high school can be nice too. For instance, I was given an apple last week. I never feel too confident about the quality/safety of apples that kids give to their teachers. That's why I usually let my wife eat the apple.

Today I did end up getting a REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup from a girl in the front row of AP English. I think she felt sorry for me that her class was being so rude and mean to me, the sub (shocker: kids can be rude and mean). Really, I don't care what her motivation was, I love REESE'S! I did do the polite thing and went to my desk in the back of the room to eat it instead of eating right there in the front of class.  Even a kind gesture like that did not keep me from writing down a handful of students' names to leave for the teacher so she would discipline them (sadly, this is about the extent of my power).

Question for my readers:

What was your worst Valentine's day ever when you were growing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment