Saturday, February 2, 2013

First is the Worst!

I have had two near death experiences in my life and both happened in the past 2 months and both were in a first grade classroom. I do not believe that all first grade classes are inherently full of evil little monsters. My guess is the majority of the classes are, but there are always exceptions to the rule.

Perhaps near death was a bit extreme of a description, but after a day subbing for these classes, I felt like dying (anything to never have to step foot in either of those classrooms again).

The thing that first graders tend to do is not listen to their teacher at all. I know this because in two different first grade classes in two different schools, the same psycho kids showed up to class. The first class was like being in a barnyard. In fact, since one kid actually did poop his pants that day, so it smelled like a barnyard too! Neither class showed any semblance of kindness to their peers, and I had to break up countless verbal and physical fights. I had kids throwing handfuls of pencils at other kids, many many many crying children.

A lot more happened, including the principal coming into the class to scold them on how disappointed she was in them and how they let down the school as a whole. The main point is that first graders can be evil. Watch your back America!

I'm subbing in first grade on Monday (but it is a friend of mine's class, and the kids aren't so bad). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment