Friday, January 18, 2013

Area 51


I had a seventh grade science class and as I normally do, I introduced myself and told the class how I am in the Army National Guard. They of course thought that was pretty cool, but one odd boy asked me if I knew anything about Area 51 (since I am in the military, I guess I am supposed to know that sort of thing?). Even though I was not expecting that sort of question, I am usually quick on my feet, so I immediately put on a very sombre face and said in my most serious voice, “I cannot confirm or deny the existence of Area 51.” He kept prodding for more information, but I just said the same thing again and he stopped asking. Well about a month later, I was teaching art class at the same school and I had the same kid again ask me if I knew anything about Area 51. I looked at him stone-faced (remembering at this point that I was asked that same question most likely by the same student a month prior) and said, “I cannot confirm or deny the existence of Area 51.” The kid got really excited and started screaming, “He knows, He knows, and he's not telling us!!!” I kept a straight face, but once class was over and the students had left, I bursted into laughter. Truly one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment