Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Apology

I find it incredibly funny that there are some students that take on the guilt of the whole class on themselves and it eats them alive. I know this because at least five separate times, students have come up to me at the end of the class and have apologized for the behavior of the class (as if it were their fault). My first experience with this was a third grade girl my second week of subbing, but I have had high schoolers apologize too. In some ways, I enjoy the apology, because it proves that I am not crazy and the class actually was psycho. Even so, in the heat of the moment sometimes I just reply to the student "good" as if they owe me that apology (though it is never the really bad kids that apologize). Other times I thank them and tell them to have a good day. Being a sub can become stressful at times and a little apology here and there actual does make the world seem brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment